+2 to hit, +3 damage Holy Bastardsword
INT: 15 EGO: 18 ALIGNMENT: Lawful Good
- This wondrous weapon was once a (and still appears to be) a normal
bastardsword belonging to a Laranian knight named Tynian. This knight prayed that he
would be given the power to better serve his goddess in the battle against evil. As
in answer to his prayer, he and all his items were turned to granite, all except this
bastardsword. Hence Teale, was made a holy hamlet and subsequently destroyed because
of that fact (or so the story goes).
- The sword gives its chosen warrior a specialty bonus of +1 to hit
and +2 damage for a total +3 to hit and +5 damage.
- It radiates no magic aura and no detection spells will reveal its powers.
- The sword radiates 20' radius light and has the name LARANI inscribed upon the
blade that only Laranians can see.
- The reverse side of the blade may say JUSTICE which will allow it to do the
following: detect evil, detect lie, protection from evil (+3) 10' radius, and
- The reverse side of the blade may alternately say VENGEANCE which will allow it
to do the following: banish, dispel magic (20th level), and holy word.
- No one knows how/seems to be able to control which (if either) of the words will
appear on the blade. Though it is assumed that if the bearer is in good standing with
Larani "LARANI" will always appear, but VENGEANCE seems to only appear as
the goddess (or the sword?) sees fit. The additional powers to not operate unless